Tuesday, November 1, 2022

All Things Urban

So this blog has also been neglected for quite a while so I'm going to see about correcting this. Recently the Buffet Assault Group received some new equiptment that proved just too tempting for me to not follow the example of. Well, those new requisitions have arrived and are now in the process of being integrated into one of my forces. Originally my twenty, yes twenty, Urbanmechs were set up as a command lance and a full company of part of a self created mercenary force, the Urban(ie) Defense Force. I've recently come across a Davion force I like as a better idea and with the new arrivals will be folding them all into the Ozawa Urban Defense Brigade. This force was almost destroyed in the 3rd Succession War by Draconis Combine's 5th Sword of Light regiment. Since there is no color scheme listed for the unit, I'll be keeping the dark black and metallic colors that I was using for the Urban(ie) Defense Force.
So yes, I pulled the trigger and that is two more companies of Urbanmechs bringing my total to forty. This gives me a full battalion (with command lance) of these wonderful mechs. Other mechs will be joining the force as well. They're already receiving Assassins, Commandos, Demolishers, and LRM Carriers from the now defunct UDF. Other mechs from my pile of unused miniatures will be added to the unit as well, but I've also got a list of mechs I want to add to the unit to continue to round it out. Javelins and Hunchbacks are on the list of mechs I need to see about purchasing for the unit as well as SRM Carriers.
I also purchased this Lightyear item to use with my Battletech as well. I bought it for the two Drop Pods which are perfectly sized to use for assault dropping Battlemechs. Both have this little round bump on the bottom that keeps them from standing up when they aren't opened up, so I will have to see about sanding those off before I repaint them. The droids that came with them though scale just right with Battlemechs as well. I'm going to repaint these as well and plan to use them as Ostsol heavy mechs as with a few added bits they'll look quite close enough to pass. I think I'm going to see about picking more of these up for sure. For $12 and change plus tax, you get 2 of the pods and two units to use as mechs which works out as a pretty good deal.
So that is all for now. I still need to base all those Urbies and then see about getting some of the other mechs painted up as well to join the force. Hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ and ENTIRE BATTALION?!?! You can't blame me for that sort of madness! lol, was just thinking the other day that now that Dreadtober is over with, I need to start working on some urbies. That said, they won't all be in the same color scheme like yours are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I figured when you got that box that each one was getting a different color scheme, maybe two per scheme.

      Delete