Thursday, June 24, 2021

Brief Update On The Ghost Bears

 Sooooo I might have bitten off more than I care to chew on this time.  I got the mechs out of the Simple Green and while most are ready to prime there are nine that are going to need to be partially or wholly reassembled.  Between the eBay orders, the Shapeways order, and the Arkab culling ..... I am looking at around 40 mechs to paint.  I am not sure I can do that many in the same Clan paint scheme without going crazy, so I think I'll have to do some of them in a different scheme.  I would think different trinaries in a Provisional Garrison Cluster could be different paint jobs anyway.  In any event that is what we're going with for now.



Also I have been wanting to add some infantry on bases to use with the various APCs and such since I only have my ELH Jump Infantry bases.  But going to do what I did for those, Warhammer 40K Epic marines wasn't going to work because those up for sale on eBay are STUPID expensive.  So I started looking around for some alternatives and I found something perfect.  SRM infantry in the right scale that is by Death Ray Designs and sold by Fortress Miniatures.  I got three blisters with each blister having a platoon of troops in it.  This will be more than enough to do a number of bases to mix around into the various units I've made for BattleTech.

So that's what we're looking at right now.  I actually have a day off tomorrow which has been rare enough lately and with not many plans and decent weather called for, I guess I'll be trying to get most of this primered so I can look at getting some paint laid on over the next couple weeks.  That's where we stand for now, so I'll see you all next time and hope you enjoy what content there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment