Monday, February 5, 2024

Eridani Light Horse and Lazy Eights

So I've made a bit of progress on clearing out the Battletech backlog. First of all the progress on the Eridani Light Horse. The Light and Medium mechs from the last post have all recieved their secondary colors. Still to go is some cleaning up, adding the wash layers, and then basing. Once this batch is done, I'll be moving on to another 5 Medium mechs and 19 Heavy and Assault Mechs. I'll probably put off the basing until all of them are painted to simply my assembly line method of doing things.
Then we have my new small unit that I'm making use of to clear out the last of my Inner Sphere metal and printed mechs. This is a unit that was serving the FedCom in the First Succession War and disappeared between then and the Second Succession War. In my Taurian Alternative Fiction story, I had this unit survive and to be honest if the unit fled into the Periphery it could survive for a long time while flying under the radar of the major realms and powers. This unit's paint is starting to come together but I seem to be stuck on what to use as a wash. Input and thoughts on it would be appreciated.
So that's where we stand for now and I'll be aiming for another update next week. Still not a fan of the painting but trying to keep myself on task to get all of this cleared out so I'm ready when the Kickstarter mechs and vehicles arrive. Thank's for stopping by and I'll see you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't bother washing the black areas, whereas the red & gold would do well with a wash of GW's Seraphim Sepia. No worries if it gets on the back, you won't see it. For the black I would do a very, very light dry brushing of mechanicus grey like I do on my black Dragons to just give a smidge of highlighting and depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm not a wash I have, but I sent you a pic of the options I do own. As to the black, yeah, dry brushing makes sense. I'll be picking between Oily Steel or Gunmetal Grey for that part.

      Delete