Friday, January 26, 2024

Eridani Light Horse Update

So I finally got back to putting some paint to miniatures this past week. I went with an assembly line sort of idea when breaking out the Tamiya Field Grey (which oddly enough is a really nice shade of green). I got a total of 18 light mechs and 7 medium mechs basecoated over the black primer to get them ready for the next steps.
This coming week I'm going to see about getting the bronze and red added to them and, if I make good progress, wash layer as well. I also have a dozen heavy and assault mechs, that aren't going to be in the ELH due to being old metal models or resin prints that scale just slightly different than the new Catalyst plastics that this regiment will be made of, which need a color scheme of some sort decided upon. I've gone through a lot of web pages considering different units and am starting to lean into just slapping together a small merc unit a la TBAG'ers. That's all for now and hopefully a new post next week.

1 comment:

  1. The sheer number of mechs that you have just boggles my mind!

    Also yes, I heartily agree to the notion of starting your oen merc unit (I have 3)!

    ReplyDelete