Friday, June 11, 2021

Ghost Bears Revisited

 So I was looking at my Arkab force and considering getting some more of them painted.  But the more I looked at them, the less I liked their paint job.  I wasn't happy with the camo an they had a shiny finish to them that just bugged me.  So there was only one thing to be done.  Cull out a huge hunk of them, order about a dozen clan mechs and expand out my Provisional Ghost Bear force.  I've loved the look of the Arcas mech so a couple of those are being paired with a trio of Grizzlies to form the first added Star.  Heavies and Assaults from the broken up Arkab force formed a couple more Stars with a Star of Mediums to round out things out.  A few more mechs ordered through Shapeways and Aries Miniatures will put the total force at four Trinaries for a Provisional Garrison Cluster.

While adding the addition mechs into my Ghost Bears organizational chart, I also cleaned up the names for the unit commanders as I totally botched that up with non-Bloodnames all over the list.  That's been corrected and the number of surnames trimmed down a lot to something more realistic as well as using proper Blood Names for the Ghost Bears.  The top pic below is of the newly arrived factory fresh ready for paint mechs including 3 Grizzlies, 2 Arcas, 1 Novacat, and 2 Kingfishers.  Bottom pick is some unpainted mechs pulled from the disassembled Arkab force and a Simple Green filled container that is full of mechs going Ghost Bear via salvage.

The remaining Arkab mechs, almost all lights and mediums, will get set aside most likely for the Caselton Militia to help replace the UrbanMechs and Commandos, and such that were removed for the Urba(ie) Defense Force.  I'll probably be diving into this once the Ghost Bears expansion is finished.  So that's it for now and I'll be trying to figure out the paints I used on the first batch of garrison Ghost Bears.  See you all next time and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment