Friday, April 12, 2019

Getting This Started

Well, let's do a small intro post and see how it goes.  I was blogging at Lions of Harlech but Google seems to have messed up my account and my user name there is detached from the Blog and the email associated with it.  It's a big mess, but since it was started as a 40K blog I'm going to take a page from Cheef's book and just start a BattleTech Blog.
Back when I was in college in the early 90s, I came across the small Camo Specs book in a now long gone game store.  One flip through it and I was in love with the BattleTech universe and had purchased the book.  I actually still have it all these years later.  The fluff for the Eridani Light Horse really intrigued me and they've been my favorite unit in the universe ever since.  Several other units in the book were intriguing as well.  Unfortunately I didn't know anyone who knew how to play BattleTech or where to hook up with someone who did, so other than collecting some various source books, that's as far as I got with BattleTech for a number of years.  About 10 or so years ago I got to a point career wise to start getting some miniatures and having met up with some gamers within a reasonable drive to game with, I finally got to get some models on the table though not as often as I would like.

And now I've got quite a collection of BattleTech, numerous sourcebooks, a complete 21st Striker Regiment of my beloved Eridani Light Horse based on the fluff from one fo the original Mercenary Handbooks (well, one day they'll get decalled which is a skill I never managed to learn), a complete 8th Donegal Guard regiment, a unit of Davion militia, 2 Trinaries and a Binary of Clan Ghost Bear, and two lances of 20th Arcturan Guard.  Recently I've also been working on a 4th Arkab Legion force as well.  There is also a collection of Aerotech vessels but those have never been fielded in a game ever.
Also I've been really into playing a new BattleTech PC game that came out this last year.  I got in on the Kickstarter for it and have really been enjoying it.  It's a really good recreation of the tabletop into the PC gaming universe and it's been a lot of fun.

So that's where we are for now, and I'll do a work up of my various forces over the coming weeks.  A lot of this will have been posted over on the Lions blog previously but this will get it all in one place.  So that's a pretty good intro I think and we'll see how it goes from here.  I think getting this started will be good for getting me to get the Arkab project going again too.  So as George Ledoux as Duncan Fisher would put it, "So long Solaris fans and see you next time."

3 comments:

  1. Ya know, even at my height where I had amassed a small brigade (as opposed to my current battalion), I still very much doubt my Battletech mini collection would ever be anything but dwarfed by yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's because you finish a unit and then sell it off to make the next unit. I'm a hoarder. LOL

      Delete