Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ghost Bears

So we're slipping a bit forward in time here I guess to cover this force.  I'm not a huge fan of the Clan invasion part of the Battletech Timeline.  It has some interesting stuff happens, and definitely leads to a tech revival in the Inner Sphere but there are parts of it that just rub me the wrong way.  Anyway, I'll get into all that in another post. Of all the Clans, Ghost Bear is the one that I like the most from a fluff perspective, though I'll admit that Snow Raven is a pretty close second.
Alpha Galaxy Insignia
1st Bear Guards Cluster (The Rage), Alpha Galaxy
Star Colonel Paul Bekker, Timberwolf (Madcat)

312th Assault Trinary
Star Captain Eddard Jamieson, Novacat
From left to right, 312th Assault Trinary, 23rd Support Binary, and 144th Provisional Garrison Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Commander Rachael Baird, Kingfisher
    Tomas Sarnow, Warhawk (Masakari)
    Lucian Pyne, Hellbringer (Loki)
    Coleen Groenewold, Summoner (Thor)
    Oscar Esterhaus, Mad Dog (Vulture)

Bravo Star
Star Commander Freyja Wycliffe, Grizzly
    Simon Paulk, Mad Dog (Vulture)
    Fionna Giscard, Timberwolf (Madcat)
    Wilhelm Forsythe, Novacat
    Iroku Ashigara, Timberwolf (Madcat)

Charlie Star
Star Commander Jayne Cardones, Timberwolf (Madcat)
    Hideoshi Nakamura, Blackhawk
    Kaitrin Ericsson, Solitaire
    Manfred Courvosier, Blackhawk
    Thorgeir Gaerwulf, Bearcub

23rd Elemental Support Binary
Star Captain Sarah Kabrinsky

Alpha Elemental Star
Star Commander Klaus Danitov
    5 Elemental Points

Bravo Elemental Star
Star Commander Travis Garroway
    5 Elemental Points
44th Provisional Garrison Cluster

144th Provisional Garrison Trinary
Star Captain Douglas Foyle

Alpha Star
Star Commander Paul Milne, Dragonfly
    Mad Dog (Vulture)
    Piranha
    Piranha
    Piranha

Bravo Star
Star Commander Nicholas Paulk, Timberwolf (Madcat)
    Summoner (Thor)
     Kingfisher
     Turkina
     Hellfire

Charlie Star
Star Commander Maria Jamieson, Marauder
    Gallowglas
    Flashman
    Flashman
    Banshee

So that's my Ghost Bear force in it's entirety.  Since I normally only get to play against Cheef, this unit has barely ever seen the table top, maybe once or twice in a game Rob or Screech was involved in.  It's a nice little force that gives some options from playing at the start of the Clan Invasion to much later in the timeline with the Pirahnas in the one Star.  It's an interesting mech that I got mainly to deal with the infantry that I know Cheef will field if we ever play that far up the timeline.  So that's all for now, and I'll see you all next time.

5 comments:

  1. I reduced my infantry numbers considerably, as I rarely have more than 1 platoon in any given list. So not sure how valuable mechs devoted to killing them will be. That said, I do believe there is an all laser variant of the piranha which is more versatile than just the infantry murdering base model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a trio of mechs with 8 machine guns each should be able to chew up the rear armor of even a Blitzkrieg so that would be fun to try on Rob if a game ever happens.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I've never really collected specific Units, because we started out with a random pool of shared Models and just played Mercs all the time, but the Ghost Bears are pretty much the only Clan* I can get behind as well, and I might have to re-do our motley collection of Clan Mechs in a unified GB scheme.

    *Of the surviving Clans. Clan Wolverine were the best of them, but Nicholas Kerensky had to go and fuck that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest issue I had with doing specific units is finding the combination of 1. A unit I like the fluff of and 2. a unit that has a paint scheme I can do. Between the two, it really takes it down to a short list.

      Delete
    2. Truth. Especially when working in a scale like this.

      Delete