Tuesday, April 30, 2019

BattleTech Terrain (Because it's not all just hexmaps)

So I want to spend this post covering my BattleTech Terrain.
Please address all payments to ComStar, no WoBblies allowed
  First up is the one of the two I'm most happy with how it came out.  This is my HPG Station which makes a great objective.  It started out as a GI Joe MASS device from one of the DVD and figure sets they released a number of years back.  I then added some 40K bits and such and I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.
We'll get it in orbit for you
Next up is my bit of LosTech which also makes a great objective for a game.  This is my Slingshot Mk.IV Mobile Satellite Launch Platform.  I wholly made this up but as I picture it in my head it dates back to the early days of the Terran Hegemony and was created to launch various satellites into orbit on colony worlds.  This was created from This is made from part of a GI Joe vehicle, the radar option from the AA Walker from the Weird War part of my former British Bolt Action, some 40K bits, and a 1/400 Delta II Rocket with Launch Pad.
Hmm, what shall we make today?
Next up is my factory block that was created from a switch box and some 40K bits.  Nothing stellar here but it works pretty well for what it's suppose to represent.
From here we'll move on to a power station and a warehouse.  The Power Station is a mix of Star Wars bits from two different scales/systems and then some 40K bits.  The warehouse is made from 40K bits entirely.
Then we have my oil tanks.  These were originally the containers that 40K basing bits came in and I flipped them over to make the tanks out of them.
Last up is what I consider my scatter terrain but it's mostly all based on hex bases so could be used on a hex map as well.  There are 4 sensor towers, 2 bunkers, 6 AA laser towers and 2 missile towers.  The AA towers are Star Wars bits and the rest come from 40K bits.
Terrain being used in the infamous UrbanMech Lance vs UrbanMech Lance
So that is all of my BattleTech terrain.  I'd like to do some more but need to figure out some ideas on what I need to find to make it or how to re-purpose some of what I already have.  Hope you all enjoyed seeing it as I had in putting it all together and I'll see you all next time.

4 comments:

  1. That was still the best game ever!

    Oh, and your friendly neighborhood Wobblies don't want any payments from you, just your credit card info so they can help get that missing 35,000,000 C-bill inheritance that you're owed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was definitely a game to remember.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I've only played BT with modeled terrain a couple of times, and that was just hills and bushes (which were used as Woods) from the store's Fantasy/40K terrain set. Some actual themed terrain seems like it would really kick the feel up a few notches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a mech bay or repair station is on my want to do list, but I'm still looking for a base piece to use as a starter for it. And yes, some different terrain really changes the feel of the board quite a bit.

      Delete