Saturday, September 2, 2023

Building An Eridani Light Horse Regiment Pt. 3

So while it has been very busy at work I've managed to get some work done on some mechs. I've got a full lance of Wolverines done to go with the two Catapults. Somehow I forgot to take any in progess pictures and so there is just the final results (minus decal and then clearcoat). I am planning on this being a regiment that has a light/medium highly maneuverable battalion, a jump capable battalion, and then a heavy/assault battalion to be the anvil/hammer for the other battalions.
I've got a lance of Phoenix Hawks primed to work on this coming week and then I have a company of lights on the queue after that consisting of a lance each of Valkyries, Mercuries, and Wasps. While my original ELH force was a hodgepodge of mechs that I could aquire in dribs and drabs with a real late Succession Wars feel to the unit as a "this is what we have repaired and can afford to field" vibe, the new regiment I'm going for an "in their prime" theme with full lances of single mech types or at least no more than a couple types of mech per lance as a more deliberate force organization rather than salavaged and pieced together.
Of course behind that list of models is a further pile of plastic including Griffins, Wolfhounds, Trebuchets, Victors, Guillotines, Grasshoppers, and Thunderbolts. And of course the original two test models (the pair of Awesomes) need to be stripped and repainted as well. And then by the time all of these are done, the Catalyst Mercs Kickstarter should be arriving. I had planned on getting up to the Outpost in JC for some decal tutorials and practice with others who know what they're doing, but that went out the window under a pile of errands that I need to deal with today (including getting a bunch of stuff cleared out of the living room area as the rental I'm in is getting a new fridge on Tues).
So that's all for now and I'll see you all next time!

1 comment: