Friday, April 14, 2023

More Progress And More To Do

So I have made some more progress the past couple weeks. First up I took a lot of older plastic and a few metal models of mechs that either I don't care for the mech or at least that particular version of it. It's a group of mechs that aren't worth selling off and yet didn't just want to throw them away either. Thus I lumped them all together into an op force for use in any planned pics for blogs or such. So since this was for a force I wasn't going to care much about, I was looking for soemthing with a fairly simple paint scheme but still a unit I liked even if in a faction I don't like. Thus I landed upon the 15th Dracon. I've always like the unit's fluff and always felt sad that they never were given the chance to break away from the Liao chain around their neck. They have a nice simple grey color with green trim, then toss in a simple sand base with green trim around the base and they're done.
I've also invested in the Catalyst Games Battletech Mercenaries campaign. After initially looking at my Eridani Light Horse regiment with the idea of thinning it out to make room for the new models, I quickly ran into the issue that the new plastics are great looking and just don't match up well with the older plastics and metal models. So with Cheef no doubt laughing at this and saying that he told me so, I'm going to just start a second regiment of Eridani Light Horse with nothing but new models and a few 3D printed that fit well with them. I've already got some units to start shaping it out with the place of pride going to three of the Eridani Force Pack Thunderbolts that I picked up. I still need 1 more to have a full lance of them. However this has lead to a new issue, that being that I have to figure out how to paint jumpjet smoke plumes.
Next up I have another star of Snow Ravens to finish and they should be in the next update. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment