Thursday, April 27, 2023

Davion Militia Slapfest

So this past Saturday I finally got a chance to get another game of Battletech in up in Johnson City and once again against Cheef. While I brought a full company of my Davian Ozawa Urban Defense Brigade, Cheef brought most of a mixed company of his Davion Dixie Cavanaugh Theater Militia. I'm not going to do a full blown report but merely do a photo dump with some thoughts about the game.
I decided that with my force deployed all together (hoping to overwhelm part of his force) that the eight UrbanMechs should have the nickname of Fort AC/10.
One of the things I must say is that my crit rolls GREATLY let me down. I didn't make a single one of potentially close to a dozen crit rolls on his mechs and only made a few against his vehicles. I scored a number of motive crits on his vehicles but that didn't exactly help remove their firepower any. This was balanced out though by his own difficulty in getting a lot of his shots to land that should have been easy hits needing around a 5 or so. All in all it was a fun time though and was great to see two fully painted forces totaling 22 units on the board. As Cheef noted in his own quick blurb on this game, the Alpha Strike game on the table beside us had half as many units on the board but didn't even manage one based, painted, or even primed model.
As I mentioned before I am getting some better supplies and equipment to up my painting game for a new regiment of Eridani Light Horse made up of some new Catalysts plastics I already have plus the ones that will be coming from the Mercenaries Kickstarter. My new magnifier with light as arrived. I've got a new batch of better brushes enroute as well as some contrast paints. I plan on starting on a test model here in a couple weeks and I might be asking here for some advice on things from any readers. Currently the plan is White Primer, then GW Imperial Green base paint with Dark Angels Green and Creed Camo contrast paints.

2 comments:

  1. With so many urbies in such a small area, even with numbers it was hard to concentrate fire on them in order to take them down as I often got confused in regards as to which one to shoot at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost wish I had done what I had originally thought about. Drop the Javelins and the Wolverine and make the 8 Urbies all 2/3s and generate a LOT more hits.

      Delete