Saturday, April 17, 2021

Industrial Park

 So one thing that I've been working on this past couple weeks is expanding my BattleTech terrain options.  I showed some of the big pieces in the last post, but this time I want to not only show some of the new smaller scatter type terrain pieces but how I envision it all going together as well.

So this is an overview of everything except my HPG station piece and my mobile satellite launch station.  I'm trying to tie it all together into an industrial park type scene.  On the right we have the refinery piece as well as a small tank farm.  The scatter terrain piece has some storage barrels, then 5 medium size storage tanks and then one really tall storage silo tank.  Next to that is a small power generation plant.  Then we have a large factory building with a smaller factory in front of it and then a couple scatter terrain pieces of housing for the workers.  Moving on left we have a couple of parked drop ships, a small warehouse building, and scatter terrain pieces for a resupply depot.  Lastly the new orbital defense emplacement and then scatter terrain of AA Defenses, bunkers, and sensor stations.
A close up of the supply depot terrain.  A mix of crates, huge crates, and numerous other supplies and a few small storage buildings mixed in.
Residential housing in a mix of apartment towers and small commercial buildings.  I found these on eBay a while back and finally found something to use them for.
And then a better pic of the refinery part of the complex with its new storage capability.

I still want to add some things for sure.  I'd like some landing platforms for sure, and I have a few ideas on pursuing these.  Some more warehouse buildings are also on my list, and I'd love to find some maybe 20mm scale quonset huts to use for those but I haven't found anything that I like yet.  In any event, this is where the terrain collection stands for the moment   Hope you all enjoy and see you next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment