Wednesday, January 8, 2020

New Shelving For My Battletech

So earlier this week I worked on my shelving for my Battletech.  There was plenty of room for them but there was so much space between the shelves that was wasted and caused them to take up so much extra space.  I got a new shelf unit that matched what I was using and cut the uprights in half to get in more shelves.  That allowed me to space out the rest of my collectibles in the living room so I'm going to cover all of this as well.  Since I haven't been spending much at all on war gaming (since I'm barely getting to play any at all lately), I've been spending my splurge funds on action figures, Funko Pops, and similar items instead.
So this is the Battletech shelves with the Eridani Light Horse 21st Striker Regiment on the left two shelves and the Castelton Davion Militia over the 8th Donegal Guard on the right.  Top shelves are Tron, Godzilla, Big Bang Justice League and Battlestar Galactica on the left and Transformers on the right.
Here you can see the rest of the Donegal Guard, my Ghost Bears, and my Arkab Legion forces on the right.  On the left we have Thundercats, Flash Gordon, Labyrinth, and other retro heroes such as Green Hornet, Phantom, Space Ghost, and Rocketeer.  Lower down we have Thunderbirds, a Gonzo one of my nieces got for me, and then Battletech terrain and terrain parts on the right.
Next up is the top of my desk.  We have a lot of Pops obviously, mainly movies and other ones I thought were cool.  Jaws, James Bond, Dirty Dancing, Office Space, Princess Bride, and more to be found here.  Also a variety of other collectibles such as my WW2 Hero collection for Bolt Action Weird War that I never used, some Fortnite figures I thought were cool, various military diecast, Just a catch all for things that don't fit other places.
Now we have my Star Wars collection.  Various action figures, Pops, vehicles from X-Wing and other sets, even a Tie-Fighter Bluetooth speaker down on the bottom shelf.  Since I don't plan on playing X-Wing more, this has given all my ships a home.
Next up is into my DC heroes.  Again a mix of Funko Pops and various action figures.  Figures are from various lines that have caught my eye.  Mainly variety but Shazam and Thanagarians are both common here.
Moving onto Marvel which takes up twice the space as my DC stuff.  This is the first half over my DC shelves.  Up top is Spiderman related on the right and Avengers and Antman stuff on the left.  Plenty of Pops but a mix of action figures as well.  Second shelf is Avengers and Dr Strange related items.  Captain America and Dr Strange have always been characters I like, and Thor works into the collection fairly prominently as well.  The little Pop figures throughout are from a Funko advent calendar box.
These are the other two shelves of Marvel.  Top shelf is X-Men.  There are still some action figures I want to track down for the X-Men but I haven't found them at a price I'm willing to spend yet.  Shadowcat, Juggernaut, Psylocke, Banshee, and Longshot are all on my list of wants.  Lower shelf is Guardians of the Galaxy and a Black Knight figure I really love but didn't fit anywhere else.
Now we have some more retro related items.  First is Wildcats, an interesting group from the 90s Image Comics.  I always liked this group and just need to tract down a Warblade to finish the core group.  Also here is Cheers, Men in Black, and my two 40K Pops.  Next is Masters of the Universe but is a little slim of what is there.  Lowest level is Ghostbusters and I haven't looked for any action figures in that brand.
Here is a collection I've been working more actively one.  GI Joe was a big part of my youth and been slowly getting both the original 3.75 figures and the more modern 4.0 figures.  The art on the wall is by a YouTuber who does reviews of vintage Joes and is a good artist as well.  These are three of my favorite Joes from when I was growing up, Recondo, Beachhead, and Stalker.  It's a pretty small collection compared to what is out there but I've only been going after figures I really enjoy and not a full complete collection.
And last of all, we have my Lord of the Rings below my TV and some X-Men diecasts on the ledge in front of the TV itself.  I only have the one action figure for LOTR, but that's due to them being expensive than I want to spend but I'm hoping to get more of them over time.

So that's my living room of collectibles.  Thanks for coming along on the tour and hope you enjoyed it.  See you all next time.

3 comments:

  1. O.o

    Clearly you need more stuff...

    Also, X-Wing is still a great game, we just won't get anything new to add as the cost of conversion to the 2.0 is astronomical! Oh, and I rather like that neon shark thing on the top of your computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ir's a 3D lamp that has an LED light down in the base and it has multiple color options. You can get all sorts of them from this site https://www.lampeez.com/pages/3d-lamps-collection Base price is kind of up there, but they're running sales all the time which makes them more reasonable.

      Delete
    2. ...aaand that's bookmarked for future reference.

      Delete