Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A New Force

Yeah, I know what you're thinking.  There is an Eridani Light Horse regiment, a Donegal Guard regiment, most of an Arkab regiment, a militia regiment, some Ghost Bears, why are you messing with a new regiment?  I'm blaming this one on Cheef.  He had to share that pic of the Robotech mechs from Kids Logic (now also available through Aries Miniatures) which of course lead me to ordering a lance of them because who doesn't love the Phoenix Hawk?
But this is where the problem came in.  The ELH and Donegal Guard force are completed and have no room to add to them.  I really don't want to put the lance in the Arkab unit as they just don't fit the feel of everything else in the unit.  The militia was a possibility but I'm already got the miniatures coming to finish off the 3rd company and don't really want to expand it past the single battalion at the moment.  So what to do?  Well, I decided to make a small supplemental force that I can easily use with the militia or ELH and in a stretch with the Donegal force.  And just what am I planning?  A small force of MI6 Rabid Foxes is just the thing.  Since they don't have a set color scheme (being covert and all), I went with a nice dark scheme with just a bit of color to break up the model.  I really like how the gunmetal blue came out actually.
Plan for this is just a single company at the absolute most and no plans to add to this single lance for a while.  But very maneuverable medium mechs with decent firepower make perfect sense for such a unit.  This will make a nice unit though to attach to the militia as advisors or to an ELH unit as liaisons.
I've also found an interesting website that has gotten a couple orders from me now.  It's a discount site that has a lot of great deals and I found an interesting Robotech one that fits the theme of this post quite well.  Items all seem to ship very quickly and it's possible to find some really interesting things and cool deals there.
 
It's a good size model with lots of details and options to swap out parts for the look that you want.  It's a good five inches tall and it's one of my favorite collectibles right now.
And this is the configuration I went with for displaying it.  So hope you enjoyed the update and I'm interested to see what suggestions you all might have to adding in the other two lances of the Rabid Foxes.  I'm thinking at least 1 or 2 Wolverines and a Jenner and a Kintaro would also make sense for infiltrating Draconis Combine worlds.  Anyway, still mulling it all over and the expansion is a very back burner thing for now.  So I'll see you all next time and have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, my first thought at seeing the title was 'dear god, what regiment is he starting now???' lol

    ReplyDelete